Monday, December 31, 2007

Life With Newborn

Because of my anxious tendencies, the first few months of my toddler's life were almost not enjoyable because of all the worrying that i did. Luckily, this time around, i have been able to really enjoy baby-ness. She has given me all the reasons to not enjoy it: She wakes every 1.5-2 hours through the night, she seems only content to be held and will scream if you dare put her down, she will even cry out when she passes gas instead of the cute smiles other babies do. Especially since this is most likely the last time we'll have a 3 week, 1 day-old baby, i am trying to enjoy my time with her at this stage.

I am still finding it frustrating and stressful getting both girls out by myself. This morning, doing the day care drop i had both girls half dressed for the day and both screaming bloody murder. By the time we actually loaded up in the car, all three of us were in tears and i was ready to give away the toddler to anyone with two arms.

My body is slowly taking back it's shape. Although my old jeans do fit, i find the non-elastic waistband uncomfortable and i'd rather continue to wear my maternity jeans even though they require me to hike them back up around my waist every 5 minutes. I'm almost tempted to adjust them--tighten up the elastic, but then i'd be one of those women who say, "After my second child i never wore regular jeans again."

4 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

Any time you're up for it, would love to visit with the new one as the older two play together...

I know what you mean - now that I see how sturdy babies actually are, I wish I spent more time enjoying LN than fussing about every little detail. I'm glad you're settling into a new life, new schedule so gracefully!

Puka said...

I hear ya about trying to get two babies ready to go somewhere while keeping your sanity. It will get easier. Now, I don't think anything about it.

Deby said...

It gets easier to get the kids out somewhere, but also more complicated at the same time. Once they can both run away from you and hide, it makes it "fun" in a whole new way.

Anonymous said...

Obviously I'm catching up here (congratulations!), but I hear ya on everything. Especially the jeans...it's so depressing. We're also getting screams with the gas (although that could partly be the Diaper Rash from Hell) and feeding every five freaking minutes. But he'll never be this little again...