Saturday, October 20, 2007

Merlin's Rest....A Review

A new pub in my neighborhood is now serving breakfast and this morning, we decided to check it out. I'll be honest, my expectations were low. I heard one of the owners of this new pub is related to (same?) the owner of an old (now closed) pub that had very bad breakfast and and service in its last few dying days. To complete the bad taste in my mouth, they blamed their inability to stay open on the smoking ban.

But at Merlin's Rest, it appears the slate is clean. As my brother and family came in at 9am sharp, they were printing off the new breakfast menus. The menus offered a good selection with reasonable prices. My hashbrowns, eggs and toast were above average and the bangers looked good, but my daughter scarfed them down before i could have a taste. They serve authentic irish bacon that my australian husband would approve of (basically, it is a side of meat, not a crisp fried fatty strip), and my brother was able to wash his breakfast down with a guiness.

We'll definitely go back--It's nice to have an alternative breakfast place in the neighborhood that isn't Longfellow Grill.

No comments: