Friday, January 11, 2008

My Giant Baby

Who said breastfed babies aren't as big as formula-fed babies? My ravenous child gained 3 pounds in just shy of 3 weeks. At 4 weeks, she is a whopping 11 pounds 4 oz! The babe has been sleeping longer stretches (2, sometimes 3 hours) and has given some "real" smiles. She decided to smile early because she knows i come close to giving my toddler full parental rights when she screams every evening and challenges my patience.

Speaking of patience (or lack thereof), who knew toddler whining, which is a relatively benign sound, could make me want to tear my eyes out with sharp knives?

4 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

no, no... it's not the actual 'sound' of toddler whining that's making you want to harm your eyeballs. It's the repetition of the said whining. I *love* especially the fact that not only do they whine, they get louder if they think you just can't hear them over the ringing echo in your ears from the whining half a second ago.
Here're some good vibes for your eyeballs - may they come to NO harm... besides, you may need them for the same consideration when Baby becomes Toddler, too.

LissyJo said...

*sigh* I think you're right, MN. I forgot that this baby is going to turn into a toddler. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Oh my god - you've described my life in a nutshell. I feel your pain.

Deby said...

I can't take the whining. I can't take the whining. I can't take the whining. *rocking back and forth with my hands over my ears*