Friday, July 13, 2007

INR...OMG

Last minute, i decided to go to Jae Ran's reading at Patrick's Cabaret last night. It would be my first opportunity to meet a real live blogger (besides my brother and sister-in-law...they don't count). I'm glad i went. Her reading was interesting and thoughtful. And it was odd to meet her. She looked so.....Korean, and didn't have an accent (ok, i know...this still strikes me as odd sometimes). It did give me a chance to finally purchase Outsiders Within, an important book about transracial adoption.

I was nervous to meet her and almost left without a trace, but she was gracious enough to talk to me and ask to hang out sometime. Which we will.

As i was telling my sister-in-law about it, i must have sounded like a 12 year old girl, because she said, "Did the popular girl like you?" Shut up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you came to the reading, but even more excited that you introduced yourself to me. I felt the same as I did when Mama Nabi and I ran into each other at an Indian restaurant - like some dork whose just been unrobed of her secret identity!! LOL!

seriously, I do hope you call. I'm not as scary IRL as I appear online *wink*

PTW said...

Oh, SO not fair! You make it sound like I was being mean! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... and once I induce (no OB/GYN pun intended here) a real-life playdate between our tots, I can finally stop wondering if every Asian woman in scrubs is you. :-)